Religious visa-R1 visa for religious workers and R2 visa for dependents
The R1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa that allows religious employees (ministers and persons working in the religious profession or profession) to Yesil work in the United States for a period of up to 5 years and eventually apply for a green card for permanent residency.
Religious workers religious worship and to perform other duties that are often performed by members of the clergy authorized by a recognized denomination of religion, including ministers, in administering the sacraments, or their equivalent. The term does not apply to preachers.
R visa may be available to the following people:
A recognized religious sect must be authorized to engage the island in religious worship and perform other duties usually performed by authorized members of the clergy of that religion. Licenses, certificates of coordination, official letter of the conference, etc. this may serve as evidence of qualities. Officers of the Salvation Army, deacons and Christian Science practitioners may also be considered ministers.
Employees in a religious profession or profession include the following 2 types of workers:

Professional workers are people who wish to work in a religious profession or profession that requires a U.S. bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent.
Other religious workers are persons who work in a religious profession or profession.
A religious vocation refers to a call to religious life, evidenced by the demonstration of a lifelong commitment, such as swearing. Examples include nuns, priests, and religious brothers.
A religious profession refers to a customary engagement in an activity related to a traditional religious function. Examples include liturgical workers, religious instructors or cantors, catechists, workers in religious hospitals, missionaries, religious translators or religious publishers. This does not include janitors, maintenance workers, clerks, fundraisers, fundraisers, attorneys or similar professions. The activity of a person to participate in a religious profession must be related to a traditional religious function: that is, the activity must embody the principles of religion and have religious significance, primarily concerned with matters of the spirit that apply to religion, if not exclusively.

Visitor Insurance

Demand Process Overview
A religious denomination should generally have a formal code of doctrine and discipline, religious services and ceremonies, some form of religious government, a recognized faith and form of worship, religious congregations, and established places of worship. However, if an interdenominational religious organization is tax-exempt, it can also be considered a religious denomination.
If you are outside the United States, you can apply directly to the U.S. Embassy / Consulate for an R visa. Using Form I-129 is not required for the religious organization that first sponsored the petition. However, if you are already in the United States, the religious organization must petition for a change of status, an extension of the stay, or a change of employment.
If your Sponsor terminates employment at any time, they are not obliged to pay your plane ticket to return to your country unless they have a contract to do so.

You are eligible to apply for R1 visa:

You are a member of a religious denomination with a bona fide nonprofit religious organization in the United States.;

The religious denomination and its affiliate, if any, qualify for tax-exempt or religious denomination tax-exempt status;

You have been a member of the sect for the previous two years immediately accepted;

You enter the United States only to pursue the profession of the minister of that denomination, or at the request of the organization, the applicant enters the United States to work in a religious profession or profession, whether or not in a professional capacity for a denomination or an organization affiliated with the denomination; and
• If you have previously spent five years in this classification, you have been physically present and found outside the United States for the year immediately prior.

Spouses and/or unmarried children under the age of 21 may obtain an R2 visa to accompany or join the main applicant for the duration of the R1 visa. Work is not allowed on an R2 visa.
Dependents who wish to visit the R1 visa holder briefly for a holiday can apply for a tourist visa instead of an R2 visa.

Visitor Insurance

Pre-Existing Conditions
The R visa can be issued for 3 years initially, and can be extended for 2 more years, for a total period of 5 years. If the person wishes to stay in the United States for over 5 years on an R visa, he or she must reside outside the United States for 1 year and be physically present to qualify for the r visa again.
To extend the R visa for another 2 years after the first 3 years, you need to fill out the I-129 form, the petition for a non-immigrant worker to apply for an extension of the stay. Your accompanying spouse and dependent children must complete the I-539 form.
A person with an R-1 visa can Yesil apply for a green card after obtaining an R-1 visa for 2 years.
Even if your I-94 date is in the future (the date you were originally authorized to stay in the United States), if you do not perform the same function you originally assumed in the United States, you are violating your illegal immigrant status, which will result in the expiration of your authorized stay.
Visa Ineligibility and waiver
Some categories are ineligible to obtain a U.S. visa. If ineligible under any of these categories, but otherwise properly classified as a temporary religious worker, you can apply for a waiver of nonconformity and be granted a visa if the waiver is approved. If you are found to be ineligible, the consular officer will notify you of any waivers.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here